BlackNews.Com — America the Racist? by author H. J. Harris is a must-read for white and black Americans as current events from police shooting of unarmed black men to the racist massacre of 9 black Americans in a Bible study class in Charleston, South Carolina.
This 172-page book sets forth a concise, easy-to-read, historical, spiritual, and psychological treatment of Racism in America – its causes, evolution, and possibilities for the future. Once we understand why we are where we are as a nation, then we are better equipped to determine what we must do to truly become the “one Nation under God” described in Dr. King’s dream and the Pledge of Allegiance.
With the election in 2008 of the first African American President, many thought that the scourge of racism in America was finally over. It appeared that America had faced the spiritual dilemma of racism and delivered on its creed of equality and justice for all.
After Barack Obama was elected President of the United States of America, many believed that the race issue was finally resolved. White and black Americans together elected the first African American President in history.
However, immediately after the election of President Obama, a loud raucous segment of America emerged, seeking “to take our country back”. The true meaning of “take our country back” was a desire to return to the days of “Jim Crow” – of institutional racism that has defined American since its inception.
Recent examples in the headlines of police brutality and the killing of unarmed black men is the tip of the iceberg of a paradigm of racism that has framed the true meaning of America from the Declaration of Independence to tomorrow’s headlines.
The shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, the shooting in the back of unarmed Walter Scott, in Charleston, South Carolina, and the chocking death of Eric Garner in New York City are all a part of the many instances of fatal interactions between black men and police.
A chapter in America the Racist? entitled “Thank God for Television” again shows how white Americans are in complete denial of the existence of racism until videos surface that show what is really happening in this country.
The racial discourse that now dominates the news and politics clearly indicates that the information covered is this book is critical to understanding and resolving the Paradigm of Racism that has been a cancer on America since its inception.
America the Racist? shows why the cancer of racism is so deep that many black and white Americans are not able to get beyond the ingrained racism they have been taught from the beginning of this nation.
America the Racist? reveals why the Paradigm of Slavery created by white Americans must be replaced by a Paradigm of Freedom that can only be created by black and white Americans working together to build a New Vision of “one nation under God”.
Mr. Harris’ book answers many important questions about Racism in America:
- How the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were impacted by signers who owned slaves and endorsed slavery. The slavery issue was a deal breaker since many of the original signers of the Declaration of Independence owned slaves..
- Why the issue of slavery was so important that over six-hundred thousand (600,000) Americans died in the Civil War.
- How American Christians have perpetuated segregation and separation. 11:00 am on Sunday morning is still the most segregated hour in America.
- What the Bible has to say about the spiritual impact of slavery on the future existence of America.
- How sex and economics have been at the core of American Racism, discrimination, and injustice.
- How racism has impacted every facet of American life from sports to law enforcement, from military service to the color of God. There was a time in the not so-distant past when black police officers couldn’t arrest white people or ride together in a police patrol car.
- Why black Americans rarely form partnerships in business and find difficulty working together. The difference in the psyche of blacks born in America and West Indian blacks.
- How the white slave master captured, broke the spirit, and institutionalized the vicious, vulgar process employed in the Making of a Slave.
- How the Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon applies to slavery and impacts condition and behavior of black Americans.
- Why the power of television was the single most important tool in showing the truth of America racisim to the world.
- Does America have the Moral Authority to promote liberty and freedom to other countries when racism undermines the liberty and freedom of black Americans?
- Why the Barack Obama presidential campaign can be the catalyst in healing America of the cancer of racism.
It is for these reasons, the urgency of NOW, that the publisher has elected to re-publish America the Racist?
The information contained in this book is critical to all black and white Americans as they face both the greatest challenge and the greatest opportunity to save America and help it live out its creed.