BALTIMORE — Congressman Cummings & Sarbanes, Mayor Pugh with over 1000 adults, teens and children expected to attend this free, fun-filled and informative financial services fair – April is National Financial Education Month
WHAT: Money Power Day®, the region’s BIGGEST free financial fitness fair!
· Brought to you by the nonprofit Baltimore CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) Campaign and its partners
· “Boost Your Financial Well-Being” at this energy-packed day filled with exciting activities designed to inspire and inform people of all ages and income levels
· Money Power Day® is a “shady-free” zone – only vetted trustworthy, reliable/safe, high quality services are welcomed
· Celebrate “National Financial Education Month”!
WHERE: Poly-Western High School
1400 W. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
WHEN: Saturday, April 1, 2017: 9AM – 3PM
Doors open at 9 AM
Activities until 3 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Everyone!
· Aspiring entrepreneurs interested in learning how to grow or start a small business
· Families looking to secure their future with a will, save money or buy a home
· Teens & their parents who want to learn how to pay for college or deal with student debt
· Children who want to have fun playing financial games & win prizes in the Power Buck Game + face-painting & balloon hats!
· Anyone who wants to learn their credit score and what their credit report means
POSSIBLE INTERVIEWS: Baltimore CASH Campaign Director Sara Johnson; Congressman E lijah Cummings; Congressman John Sarbanes; Baltimore City Mayor Catherine Pugh; Baltimore City Schools CEO Dr. Santelises; attendees of all ages; exhibitors
VISUALS: Over 1000 attendees including children and families engaged in activities, gathering materials, receiving services; Kids Zone with children’s face-painting, balloon art; large exhibitor hall; lots of ACTION!
OPENING CEREMONY AT 9:30AM: Congressman Elijah Cummings and John Sarbanes, Baltimore City Schools CEO Dr. Santelises & Sara Johnson of Baltimore CASH will inspire the attendees; Pastor Franklin Lance of Mount Lebanon Baptist Church will give the Invocation. Fox 45 Morning News Anchor Patrice Sanders will MC!
LUNCHEON PROGRAM AT 11:45AM: Featuring Michael Canet, The Savvy Investor ®
Then Mayor Catherine Pugh will speak at 12:45PM!
WHAT HAPPENS AT MONEY POWER DAY®?
It’s FREE! No Charge for quality information and services!
· Exhibitor Hall with 40+ vetted-for-quality nonprofits, businesses, and government organizations provide on-site financial services, information and education that participants can use immediately to boost their financial power. Brought to you by the Baltimore CASH Campaign
· Small Business Zone – Get one-on-one advice from entrepreneurship experts. Learn about business planning, structure, taxes and more. Have a business idea? Enter the ‘Pitch Your Side Hustle’ contest for a chance to win: 1st Place $750, 2nd Place $250, 3rd Place $100! Brought to you by BB&T
· Workshops cover topics that help people learn the steps to achieving financial dreams, such as how to buy a home, start or grow a small business, prepare for home ownership, pay for college and managing student debt, secure your family’s future with a will. Brought to you by M&T Bank
Credit Café assists participants in pulling their free credit reports and getting their credit score with one-on-one credit counseling for credit and financial information. Brought to you by Wells Fargo
· Free Tax Preparation Services where IRS-certified volunteers will assist anyone who earned $54,000 or less receive all the tax credits they deserve. Make an appointment at 410-234-8008.
· Kids Zone full of financially-focused activities for youth ages 5 – 18 including the ever-popular Power Buck Game and more. Brought to you by MECU of Baltimore
Financial Planning Zone – Meet one-on-one with a Certified Financial Planner to receive advice and insights about your financial future. Build the foundation for your financial plan with tips and tools shared during your financial planning session.
· Main Stage activities focus on quick topics related to improving personal finance and saving money.
Tax Lien Foreclosure Help: Register for a free appointment with a pro bono lawyer by calling 443-703-3052.
· Additional Services: Free document shredding, application assistance for public benefits, and more.
WHY: Want to learn how to control your finances for a better financial future for yourself & your family? Start or grow a small business? Find out how to get money for college? What do your credit report & score mean? It’s more important than ever for people to attend Money Power Day ‘17 – a fun, energy-packed day where families can get straight answers to their basic financial questions. This free financially focused community event will help attendees learn how to save, invest and grow. Money Power Day® is important for both adults and children because it sets the scene for a hopeful future. The Baltimore CASH Campaign Creates Assets, Savings and Hope all year long – “Earn It! Keep It! Save It!”
More information about Money Power Day®: www.moneypowerday.org
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) CAMPAIGN: The Baltimore CASH Campaign works to increase the financial security of low-income individuals and families by providing direct services and leading a coalition of partners made up of nonprofits, government and business. The Campaign focuses on helping working families maximize their financial future by offering various educational programs and asset building services, especially during their yearly signature event, “Money Power Day®” taking place on April 1, 2017; conducting marketing and outreach around the Earned Income Tax Credit; providing free tax preparation services; and connecting clients to wealth creation resources. For more information, contact Sara Johnson, Director, Baltimore CASH Campaign: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-234-2801.
Twitter: @baltcash #MoneyPowerDay
www.baltimorecashcampaign.org www.bmorefreetaxes.org www.moneypowerday.org